Air Canada is one of the top-rated international carriers in North America. Being an airline that carries more than 50 million passengers every year. Air Canada has more passenger traffic than any other airline in Canada. With this much passenger traffic. The airline also has to ship a ton of bags using the cargo compartment in the passenger flight or dedicated cargo freights. Many people traveling to a domestic or an international location get stuck because they are carrying some sort of item that is not allowed to be carried on Air Canada flights. In this blog We will discuss what are some of the items that you are not allowed to keep in checked baggage with Air Canada.
According to Air Canada Baggage Policy. All passengers can bring checked bags weighing up to 50 pounds or 70 pounds depending on their class of ticket. Here is a short list of item that is not allowed to bring on Air Canada flights.
- Air Canada does not allow passengers to keep Ionizers or Air Purifiers as checked items unless the batteries are removed and kept separately as a carry-on item.
- You are not allowed to carry compressed gas cylinders such as scuba tanks or CO2 cylinders as they may be inflammable.
- Oxidizing and corrosive items such as acids sulfur dioxide solution and other chemicals are not allowed to bring on Air Canada flights.
- Flammable liquid and solid materials are not allowed on Air Canada flights either as cabin luggage or checked baggage.
- You cannot bring paints including latex paint and oil-based paints as a carry-on item.
- For smart battery-operated bags, there are certain guidelines that need to be followed. Please refer the to FAA and Air Canada guidelines for more information on precautions with smart bags.
Please note that different countries have a different list of restricted items. We recommend you go through the details of the prohibited item for the country you are planning to visit (for international travel only).
You can also call the Air Canada customer care number at +1-888-801-0869 or +1 888 689-BAGS for all queries related to your baggage allowance and a list of restricted items. For flight reservations, call our toll-free Air Canada Reservations Number +1-888-801-0869 and get exclusive discounts of up to 20% on domestic flight bookings and up to 30% on international flight bookings. You also get special offers for last-minute flight bookings with Air Canada reservations.
We hope you find our blog on the restricted item helpful. For more details on the airline and the baggage policy, please visit the Air Canada official website.